If I buy the game how do I run it?
The Trainer's Manual gives you the information you need. Your role is to introduce the exercise and get the teams started. During the game you might have to input some data on the computer and ensure the teams are complying with the instructions.
This is the normal process:
- Issue briefing papers
- Allow teams to share the information and plan their approach
- Observe the teams in action until deadline
- Begin the debrief: Listen to their experiences; promote discussion from and between teams; draw out key learning points; relate it to the real world; draw up action plans for performance improvement
- Receive standing ovation!
There will be an opportunity for you to observe the behaviours, attitudes and skills of the teams.
- How are the team working?
- Who is taking what roles?
- Are they setting objectives?
- Are they working effectively?
When the activity is over you lead the debrief and bring out the learning points. The Trainer's Manual gives you the information you need.