Learn how stress can be used as a positive performance enhancer with techniques on how to control it and recognise when too much stress is hindering performance and having a negative effect on your well being.
ABOUT YOUR BESPOKE STRESS COURSE
Delegates on our stress management course say they wish they had attended earlier in their career. It provides a better understanding of stress and counselling, enabling participants to develop skills to recognise and effectively deal with stress.
Many people like to think they do not "suffer" from stress. For them to admit to it is like saying "I cannot cope," and this gives impressions of weakness and failure. Others may think of stress as just the modern excuse for getting off work. We may try to convince ourselves and those around us, that things are fine; when in fact they are not.
The fact is, that at some stage during our lives, we experience varying levels of stress – and most people experience a high-level at some time. If you are responsible for staff, you will need to be aware that they may be facing many new experiences and challenges.
On average 13.4 million working days are lost through stress each year costing UK business £3.8 billion. In addition, more employers are spending time and money defending stress related claims through the courts.
A tribunal awarded £170,000 compensation to a person who was dismissed because of work related stress. Whatever the true costs of stress, they are too high!
Stress itself is not necessarily a problem, it is normal and even useful! When adrenaline is pumping around your body and "all systems are go" you often feel as if you can take on the world. It can help you to reach a peak in performance. As a manager, this is clearly important – they need to be peaking in performance at various times, often for extended periods.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM STRESS TRAINING:
Anyone requiring an in-depth understanding of stress and measures to combat stress.
BY THE END OF YOUR STRESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE DELEGATES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- recognise the signs of stress
- understand the causes of stress
- be aware of what stress does to people
- identify the key sources of stress and the affects of stress in the workplace
- find ways of handling your stress and help others to handle theirs
- make changes to your behaviour and practices at work and home
- take coping strategies back to the workplace.
UTILISE YOUR APPRENTICESHIP LEVY
Stress management is part of our Sales Executive Level 4 apprenticeship standard, HR Consultant /Partner Level 5 apprenticeship standard and HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard, hence when delivered as part of these apprenticeships, you can utilise your apprenticeship levy to cover your Learning and Development (L&D) investment. See our apprenticeship overview for more information on this cost effective way to invest in your organisation's stress management skills.
Head of Training Services
Elite Training European Ltd
3 Parkers Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3290 1473
- For 25 years we've been delivering excellent bespoke business, management and personal development skills training courses to organisations, including businesses, public sector and not for profit across the UK and EMEA.
- Our trainers enhance the learning experience with our high energy, results driven, interactive approach, both in the classroom or through live remote training.
- Experiential learning with business games and training materials help participants acquire essential knowledge and skills through active, self-reflective engagement and enable them to remember the key learning points.
WHY CHOOSE ELITE TRAINING
- Training Courses: Skilled and experienced trainers that develop and understand your needs and deliver enjoyable, tailored and cost-effective in-house training.
- Business Games: Fun and realistic, sold worldwide to use over and over again for quality development.
- Team Building: Injecting training expertise, real-life examples and fun to draw out key learnings.
- Coaching: Results driven executive and business coaching, creating environments where people develop and thrive, improving performance.
- Development Programmes: Tailored and bespoke programmes, developing and inspiring leaders, supporting strategic objectives and business change.
- Apprenticeship Standards: Utilise your apprenticeship levy for Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager and Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor, designed to your unique requirements.
- Your choice of in-person or remote learning and development.
If you are interested in finding out more about our bespoke stress management skills course for organisations, please fill out the form.
We design and deliver interactive tailored training courses, from one-to-ones, to larger groups, usually in-house, tailored to business' unique requirements. We don’t run open public, online or distance learning courses.
To tailor stress management training, please call us on:
Elite Training will not pass your contact details on to any third parties, and will only contact you in relation to your enquiries.